Boston: A Boss Town

I was dropped off at the airport quite early in order to catch my 8 AM flight to Boston. As I stood in line at the Starbucks, hoping to find some breakfast, I noticed a magazine depicting the star of my favorite musical. I fought the temptation to purchase the magazine- and the temptation won. I waited at the sign that had my gate number for about an hour and a half before realizing that the door for my gate was actually on the other side of the terminal. Luckily, I managed to score a seat. I slept and awoke in Boston. A confusing set of subway rides later, I arrived at Harvard Square, and made my way to Currier House.
After checking in, I had a slight issue opening the door to my room. Eventually I figured out that you had to pull the door in a little bit while turning the key. I was relieved to see that I didn’t have a roommate. After setting up my room, I went down for dinner and met my lab group. We had some practice debates in which I advocated for Androids and waffles.
The next morning, we signed up for lectures about various aspects of debate and learned about the topic: United States public K-12 schools should be allowed to regulate student off-campus electronic speech. We spent the rest of the day in lectures and lab group, where we spent time playing icebreaker games and having practice debates. The lectures covered a wide variety of topics, such as: Being the First Speaker, Case Writing + Advanced Research, and Persuasion + Winning over the Judge.
I made some friends who I ventured into Harvard Square with in search of food. We quickly located the prime eateries.

Tomorrow we get assigned partners and begin work in earnest. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zada in... "A Close Shave"

Finally, a few minutes to use the computer!

Te Anau to Paparoa National Park